What Does A Sign Shop Do
Are you looking for a sign shop in your area? You're in luck! In this post, we'll provide you with all the information you need to start the process of ordering your signs. We'll discuss the different types of signs that a sign shop can create and provide you with the most popular materials they use. Then we’ll help you choose the best sign shop in the Peoria, IL area.
What is a Sign Shop?
A sign shop is a business that designs and sells signs, generally for advertising purposes. They may also offer fabrication, delivery and installation services, such as custom signage or mounting banners. A sign shop can be either an independent business or part of a larger chain. Sign shops are used by businesses to promote their products and services to the general public.
Types of Signs That a Sign Shop Can Create
There are a variety of different types of signs that a sign shop can create. Here are just a few:
- Business Advertisements: These signs are designed to promote your business and attract customers. They may feature your logo or text advertising specific products or services or even be the main sign announcing the location of your business.
- Poster Prints: Printed posters or leaflets can promote special events, sales items, or company news. They often come in large formats for more significant impact, which is beneficial for high-traffic areas or big public spaces.
- Informational Signs: Everyday signs that you may not have even noticed have to be provided from somewhere. Count the amount of red and white exit signs you walk by today to get an idea of the importance of this type of sign in nearly every public building.
- Decorative Signs: Many people welcome visitors to their home or business, or celebrate holidays through decorative signs. Indoor or outdoor, residential or commercial, a sign can bring a touch of individualism and style.
What Materials Can a Sign Shop Use?
When it comes to signs, there are a variety of materials that a sign shop can use. Here are some of the most popular:
- Plastic Signs: These signs are easy to transport and lightweight and come in many different sizes, making them perfect for any indoor space. They also have a long lifespan and don't usually require frequent replacement, unless they are placed outdoors in the Midwest weather swings.
- Metal Signs: Metals are more durable than plastic signs, making them ideal for high-traffic areas and outdoors.
- Vinyl Graphics: Vinyl graphics offer an affordable way to create eye-catching signage without spending much money on printing costs or design time, as they’re generally prepped online. Plus, they're removable so that you can update your signs quickly and easily.
- Lighted Signage: When it comes to announcing your business location, a lighted sign in front of your business is the most popular option. Some are placed inside and viewed through a window, while others are self sustaining electrical units constructed in a parking lot.
Full Service Sign Shop Near You
A sign shop can offer several services to businesses in addition to design and production. Full service sign shops, such as S&S Custom Sign Company in Peoria, also offer installation and maintenance of signs - whether they have created them or not. S&S can also help with your company’s eco-friendly commercial lighting and electrical needs.
At S&S Signs, our experts are always ready to deliver their best work. For years, we have been helping customers successfully brand their businesses with top-notch signage solutions. Our team is known for providing highly innovative designs that leave no room for doubt about your business’ offerings.
Getting started on a new sign is easy - call us or visit our website and we’ll work with you on designing, producing, delivering and installing your new sign. Our competitive prices and timelines will be communicated to you up front, and we’re proud of the amount of repeat customers we have made.